QuickBooks can display plenty of issues at times. Windows Firewall is blocking QuickBooks is one of the most common error while using QuickBooks Software. The display can show a text Network diagnostics failed or “Disable exceptions Firewall not defined” fix issues and retry. The text itself provides a clue to fixing the issue and you can attempt various methods.
How to Resolve When Window Firewall is Blocking QuickBooks?
Firstly, Launch Windows Firewall and check to look if the essential ports for QuickBooks are available or not. These sections for QuickBooks 2015 are 56725, 55367, and 8019. In spite of these being available, you may still require to check out more over updations.
In this way, a user can proceed in Windows Firewall to Find blocked ports.
This should fix your errors of Windows firewall blocking QuickBooks.
You can install, download, and run QuickBooks file doctor. It will naturally open the blocked firewall ports. You can also set up Windows Firewall with this tool. This should hopefully fix the matter.
When you are using Windows Server 2012, server 2008, Windows 7, 8 or 1 you can follow the steps:
- Firstly tap on start and type in Firewall
- After that, choose windows firewall
- Then, choose advanced settings
- After that, Right click on Button of inbound guidelines and choose the latest rule
- Then, choose the port and after that on the next button
- After that choose TCP and then type in the port number according to the QuickBooks version you have downloaded, When you are using various versions you will require to include each port of version are as follows:
- QuickBooks Desktop 2018: 56728, 55382, 8019, and 55378.
- QuickBooks Desktop 2017: 56727, 55373-55377, 8019
- QuickBooks Desktop 2015: 55363-55367, 8019, 56725
7. After that click on next and tap on allow the attachments and then click on next button.
8. Then, test the window to make sure all profiles are tested and tap on next
9. After that, you require to type in a rule name and now click on the finish button.
10. Repeat the complete procedure for outbound rules.
This should fix your error when it doesn’t help to fix then move to the next step.
- Firstly, click on start which is present inside the menu button and type in firewall
- After that, select windows firewall
- Then, on the right-hand side click on advanced settings.
- After that, Right click in the rule of inbound and tap on the latest rule.
- Then, choose program and tap on next.
- After that, choose program and tap on web browsers.
- Then, Locate the address and choose right one and tap on next.
- After that, choose to allow the attachment and tap on next.
- Then, contract a name in the rule box and click on the finish.
- After that, repeat procedure for outbound rules.
If you still have issues or errors related to Windows firewall or QuickBooks, provide us call at 1-844-291-4361 QuickBooks Desktop Support Phone Number for QuickBooks Desktop Support and get your issues resolved instantly.