The time-tracking feature enables you to set up employee hours, add to your invoices and clock billable data with ease. With the help of QuickBooks Desktop Support Number, QuickBooks Customer can take help to solve issues related to QuickBooks Desktop Service. As QuickBooks is an accounting program that permits you to organize your accounting information effectively.
Steps to set-up QuickBooks for time-tracking
These are some steps to follow to set up time-tracking in QuickBooks.
- Sign in as the Admin and ensure you are in Single-client Mode.
- Go to the Edit
- Then, Click Preferences.
- After that, Click Time & Expenses in the Preferences window.
- Click the Company Preferences
- Tap Yes for the Do You Track Time?
- Select the day on which you start tracking time each week in the First Pick the day on which you choose affects all weekly timesheets.
- Click OK.
Most Effective Methods To Make Timesheets
You can utilize timesheets in QuickBooks to enter the information of your employees and the hours worked to make employee payrolls.
- Firstly, Click
- Then, Enter Time.
- After that, Enter a weekly timesheet to track hours worked or enter a single activity.
How to enter a weekly timesheet
These are some effective steps to follow to make a weekly timesheet to track the hours worked:
- Choose the employee name
- Choose a Customer: Work and Service Item if the hours worked are billable.
- Tap to choose the Billable? column.
- Select the Payroll Item for the time worked.
- Then, Add a WC Code and a Class according to your Preferences.
- After that, Click in the column for the day in which the time was worked.
- Then, Enter the hours worked for the payroll item.
- Repeat for each and every hour worked until the week is finished.
- After that, Save & Close.
How to make a time data report
You can make Time by Name report that shows employee names, customer name associated with the timesheet, a total number of hours worked on date range you choose and show data using the Customize Report feature.
To make a time data report, follow these steps:
- Click Reports
- Go to Jobs
- Choose Time and Mileage
- Click Time by Name.
- Click Customize Report
- In the Display window, display more columns to your report either by clicking Filters or by clicking the names or items you want to include in the report.
- On the off chance that you want to display multiple names or items: Firstly, Click the down arrow for the names selected
- Choose multiple
- Click to select the items from the given list.
- If you want to apply your choices, click OK
- Then, To save your changes, click OK.
How to set up employees for time tracking
These are some instructions to follow to set up an employee payroll.
- Go to the Employee Center
- Then, Double-click on the employee’s name.
- Click the Payroll Info tab.
- Select Use Time Data when Creating Paychecks.
How to change the day of the week in the timesheet
These are the instruction to follow to change the day of the week when the timesheet starts:
- Firstly, Go to Edit.
- Select Preferences.
- Select Time Tracking or Time & Expenses.
- Then, Select Company Preferences.
- Click on the drop-down menu.
- Choose the day your work week start.
- Click OK.
How to set up the time format
These are the Instructions to follow to set up the format of time in QuickBooks.
- Firstly, Go to
- Then, Select Preferences.
- Select General.
- Click on Company Preferences.
- Choose Decimal or Minutes.
- Select Enter Payroll Information to enter minutes.
These are all the accessible features that you can configure according to how you wish to track time in QuickBooks Desktop Service. You can use our tollfree at QuickBooks Desktop Support Number 1-844-291-4391. On the off chance, you have any further questions related to this issue. There are Intuit Certified ProAdvisors who are arranged to guide you through any issues you may have.
Stella Wilson is professional and experienced worker with multiple technical services who had been working in this industry for past 5 years. She has a total working experience of 10 years of being a certified accounting professional.