QuickBooks deliver the world’s best accounting, financial and bookkeeping software with user-friendly interface. However, while using this, you come across many errors like QuickBooks Error 6123 and therefore QuickBooks provide instant help.
From upgrading a company file to the QuickBooks, while restoring a backup or while opening a company file from the network server, the user may encounter QuickBooks Error 6123 0. Also, you would be unable to restore the backup. In this blog, I am going to discuss the solution to the given error.
What is QuickBooks Error 6123 and why it is caused?
When user attempt to open a company file from the multi-network and restore QuickBooks company file from backup hard-disk, then an error message “QuickBooks Error -6123,0” is shown on the screen:
QuickBooks error 6123 0 is caused due to following given reasons:
- When the user is trying to restore the company file from an external device or storage.
- Damaged network connection from the host server.
- Sometimes firewall settings interrupt QuickBooks to open the company file.
- This error is caused due to damage in the QuickBooks company data file.
- You can also get issues with your installed McAfee antivirus service because it interfaces with your QuickBooks Desktop Services.
- Due to the damaged window.
Step to Solve Quickbooks Error 6123
- First of all, you have to download QuickBooks File Doctor:
- Download the QuickBooks File Doctor And Run.
- Now, open your company file.
- Select and Click on Check File Damage Only
- After that Diagnose File.
- Click to open File in Newer Version or Repair File in the Existing Version.
- Now go through the remaining steps which are on the screen.
- Reboot your device.
Rename yours.ND and.TLG file of your company
- In the first step open your company file.
- Now select the matching.ND file of your company.
- Select Rename by right click on the company file.
- Rename yours.ND file to.TLG.OLD
- Finally, you can open your QuickBooks Company File.
Move company file to a different area:
If you are not able to open your QuickBooks company file, and you are trying to move it to a different location and open it. If the user is working on server connection, then try the copying your file in the computer by using QuickBooks and open it.
Auto Data Recovery Feature:
To use the auto data recovery feature restore. ADR copy of the file and check it works or not. Then there is little chance that the file may be corrupted and this may solve QuickBooks error -6123, 0 error.
Disable your Antivirus Program:
The antivirus program interfaces via your company file and the user are not able to browse its QuickBooks company file. Open your file by disabling antivirus program. This may also resolve QuickBooks error 6123, 0.
Reinstallation of the QuickBooks
- From the Control Panel uninstall the currently running QuickBooks.
- Keep your license and product information.
- Download the QuickBooks version which you want to use in your computer.
- To install the QuickBooks follow these necessary procedures.
- Fill your all the product and license information.
- Open your company file.
Now create a new window user-
There is some occurrence that your current Windows User Login is corrupted.
- First of all, open your Control Panel.
- Click on Create New User option from User Icon.
- Click on Administrator for the user type.
- Log out from the existing account.
- Restart your computer and log in by using new user credentials.
- Shift your company file to the desktop
- Finally, Open your QuickBooks and access the company file.
If while performing above given steps if you encounter with any hurdle then, it is advised with you to contact our QuickBooks ProAdvisor Support by dialing QuickBooks ProAdvisor Support Number. Our highly efficient and trained technical experts are there 24X7 to assist you in resolving all your queries instantly.