When QuickBooks unable to open company file, after that, you are probably quite frustrated. It could get quite tiresome if you cannot access your fundamental functions on QuickBooks. In this blog, we have discussed how to Fix QuickBook unable to open company file.
Things To Remember before proceeding procedure
- Firstly, ensure that you are working the latest release of QuickBooks.
- After that, you should press and hold your Ctrl Key during opening QuickBooks utilizing icon of a system.
- In some conditions, your software denies opening, after that, the issue is to do with QuickBooks Desktop.
- When your software is opening after that please proceed.
Ensure that only one system on the network is hosting the company file in question. Switched off hosting for all other systems before you proceed.
- Firstly, go to File.
- After that tap on Utilities.
- Then, you should choose the option for multi-user access of Stop hosting.
- When you have verified once, you may carry on.
Read Related Blog: QuickBooks For Mac Free Download With Crack
How to Fix QuickBooks Unable to Open Company File
From QuickBooks Desktop You can Open Company file directly.
Firstly, you have to go to file.
After that, tap on Open or Restore Company.
Then, choose the file type.
After that, redirect to the folder that file is addressed in.
After that choose the file.
Then, tap on Open.
Prevent the QuickBooks Windows from Automatic Opening
- Firstly, you have to go to the No Company Open Window.
- After that, you have to look for a company file.
- Then, press and hold the key of ALT which is present on the Keyboard.
- After that, tap on Open.
In any case, you are able to open it after that,
- Firstly, go to the menu of Edit.
- After that, tap on preferences.
- Then, choose the view of Desktop.
- After that, tap on Don’t save the system.
- At last, tap on OK.
Read Related Blog: How To Fix QuickBooks Error PS107
Rename the .TLG and .ND extensions
- Firstly, you have to open your folder location of QuickBooks Company File.
- After that, right tap on the transaction log file.
- Then, rename the file to OLD.qbw.TLG.
- After that, open the company file.
- QuickBooks should automatically make files of the.TLG and .ND extensions.
Switch the location of your company file
- Firstly, make a new folder in your C: drive.
- After that open your QuickBooks company file folder location.
- Then, press and hold the Key of Ctrl which is present on your keyboard.
- After that choose the company file during doing so.
- After that right tap the file and tap on Copy.
- At last, redirect to the new folder and tap on Paste.
Method 5 :
Check Your File Extension
- Firstly, you have to open the folder location of the QuickBooks Company file.
- After that right tap the company file.
- Then, tap on properties.
- Confirm that the file type is the QuickBooks Company file.
- Confirm that the file size is a minimum of 7MB.
- After that, tap on Advanced.
- Ensure that the Compress and Encrypt options are checked.
- Finally, click on Ok.
We hope our blog worked for you as we mentioned effective steps above. If you are still experiencing issues or error related to QuickBooks Unable to open company file then you can simply make a call on 1-844-291-4361 QuickBooks Support Phone Number for QuickBooks Customer Support and get your problem fixed.